Saturday, December 16, 2023

Don August


On September 17, 2020, I wanted to do something different with my TTM requests. I thought it would be fun to mail cards to players with the same last name and see which one comes back first. The players were Don August and Sam August. No relation between the two, as far as I could tell. I called it "An August Race in September."

Don August's address is well known, as he is very fan-friendly. Sam August only played in the minors, so his address isn't listed on autograph sites, so I had to locate it myself and hope that it was right.

Don won the race. Twelve days later my card came back signed. He even included a note.
Don signed a 1989 Score Rising Stars card #83.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/a/augusdo01.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment